Hawaiian Calzones with Pineapple Jalapeno Spread
We love sharing great gourmet recipes with you, and this one is courtesy of our friend Jessica, from Savory Experiments. She created this wonderful dish using our Pineapple Jalapeno Spread. Check it out.
Gourmet Recipe for Fiery Hawaiian Calzones
1 13.8-ounce refrigerated pizza crust
1/2 pound fat free deli ham, chopped
1/2 cup canned pineapple tidbits, drained (for best results, drain well, pat dry and/or allow to dry for an hour)
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
2 jalapenos, diced, seeds removed **see note
1 cup mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons cornmeal
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. If using a pizza stone, place into the oven while preheating. Set aside 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos.
2. In a mixing bowl combine ham through remaining jalapeno and mozzarella cheese. Toss well.
3. Roll out pizza crust to about 16×12 inches, or as close as you can get it without tearing. Slice into quarters. Equally distribute ham mixture between the quarters. Fold over and pinch edges shut. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon diced jalapenos. Press down light to get them to stick. Spread cornmeal onto heated pizza stone or lightly greased baking sheet. Place calzones onto pizza stone/baking sheet.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are light brown. Remove and brush Lourdes Gourmet Pineapple Jalapeno Marmalade on top.
5. Serve and enjoy your Fiery Hawaiian Calzone!